NEW Health Charlestown is committed to providing fully integrated, patient-centered care. The Behavioral Health team works with all other disciplines, as well as you and your family, to develop and implement a comprehensive care plan. All care provided is culturally sensitive and confidential.
Our interdisciplinary team includes board-certified psychiatrists, psychologists, independent licensed social workers, licensed social works, physicians, advanced practice practitioners, nurse practitioners, community health workers, and health educators. All our clinicians are committed to providing thorough mental health evaluation and treatment services to adults, children and families to foster growth and emotional development.
The Behavioral Health Department offers the following services to adults, adolescents, and children:
• Diagnostic evaluations and assessments
• Psychiatric evaluations and consultations
• Referrals to collaborative services
• Short-term and long-term individual therapy
• Couples therapy
• Child play therapy
• Family therapy
• Group therapy
• Psychopharmacological treatment in conjunction with therapy
• Substance abuse counseling
• Office-based opioid treatment
• Stress management and relaxation therapies
• Smoking cessation
• Outreach and education services to the community
In addition to English, the Behavioral Health Department offers services in Spanish, and Portugese . Most insurances are accepted and services may also be available for sliding fee discount for those who meet Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.